OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager, Gaming to drive partnerships with leading blockchain gaming projects and traditional gaming companies. The ideal candidate will have experience building relationships and negotiating deals in the gaming industry and will have a strong understanding of the blockchain / web3 / NFT gaming ecosystem. You will play the leading role in developing and executing our strategy to support partners across gaming and ensure they succeed on our platform. You will thrive in this role if you are creative, discerning, structured, action-oriented, and excited by a fast-moving space.
- Lead partnerships with emerging and established web3 game developers from outreach to execution, including conducting primary drops on OpenSea.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, marketing, legal, trust & safety, and other internal teams to implement and ensure the ongoing success of partnerships.
- Evaluate gaming opportunities with a thoughtful, critical lens and make judgments on which partnerships make sense to pursue and support.
- Grow relationships with existing partners to help them succeed and best leverage the OpenSea platform.
- Work with Product to develop tools and product features to address key needs for the gaming space.
- Experience in business development or partnerships in the gaming industry.
- Deep understanding of the intricacies, opportunities, challenges, and key players that exist in the blockchain gaming space.
- Knowledgeable about the key steps and success factors in game development and launch.
- Proven ability to close deals with high-profile partners in an autonomous fashion.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to persuade/drive alignment among differing perspectives.
- Highly organized and structured.
- Thrive in a collaborative culture and work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to launch successful partnerships.
- (Nice to have) Professional experience in blockchain gaming.
- (Nice to have) Strong passion for gaming as a consumer; play regularly and up-to-date on popular games and recent trends.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $130,000 to $175,000 plus benefits & equity.