Our small and growing team seeks financial services lawyers who are inquisitive, creative and practical and ready to effect change within our dynamic company and within the blockchain / digital assets industry at large. This role is open to a hybrid remote/on-site structure for candidates within the NYC/ San Francisco Bay/Sioux Falls areas (open to candidates in the US outside of those locations if it's the right fit).
One lawyer we look to hire will own responsibilities that may include:
- Ownership of BitGo standard form agreements relating to digital asset custody, account control, staking, trading, lending, settlement, loan servicing, software licensing and software-as-a- service.
- Drafting and negotiating bespoke agreements relating to trading, financing and custody, agreements relating to key initiatives such as partnerships and vendor relationships, and BitGo standard form agreements.
- Drafting terms and use and disclaimers.
- Providing real-time support and training to sales, trading, legal staff and others.
- Managing work out situations.
- Working closely with product and regulatory lawyers, and partnering across BitGo functions including sales, trust, compliance, product development and marketing.
- Managing legal and regulatory risks in a thoughtful and commercially practicable manner.
- Helping develop and drive legal contracting process and operations including with respect to workflows, customer contracting lifecycle, pipeline management and document retention.
- Becoming familiar with non-US regulations and practices when helpful.
- Managing outside counsel when needed.
- Escalating issues to the General Counsel as appropriate.
- Pitching in whenever and wherever needed, even when not directly related to responsibilities described above.
Your experience and skill set will cover many of the following:
- 5+ years of related law firm and/or in-house legal experience at a financial services or blockchain company, ideally involving customer-facing sales, trading and custody businesses.
- Creative problem solving particularly in relation to contract negotiation.
- Close out situations.
- Familiarity with regulations relating to extensions of credit such as Reg T, X and U.
- Working with and training junior lawyers and negotiators.
- Technology and intellectual property.
- Vendor agreements
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in blockchain and digital assets.
- You will be collegial and (at least usually) able to retain a sense of humor.