As the Remote Office Manager, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and optimizing all aspects of Nascent’s work environment; from event planning, travel, and logistics to complex calendaring and operations administration (such as payroll, employee onboarding, expenses and compliance). Beyond being a detail-oriented administrator who thrives on organizing and executing dynamic workflows, the distributed office manager will serve as a critical people and culture ambassador, responsible for delivering exceptional employee experiences from bringing a strong emoji game to Nascent’s Slack to throwing team happy hours and events.
You may be the right candidate for this position if you’re unflappable to the point of thriving on competing priorities and you find the diversity of the daily responsibilities of this position exciting vs overwhelming. This position will report directly to our Head of Operations with opportunities to add value and support across the Nascent team. While we do not require a background in crypto, we do believe the right candidate will be excited about the opportunity to learn and participate in the space.
- Plan and execute high impact events, such as external conference happy hours and Nascent’s twice annual team retreats: from finding the perfect venue to sourcing awesome activities and experiences to booking and managing all travel and logistics.
- Supporting Nascent team members on all aspects of virtual office life: updating and maintaining the team wiki, managing the team calendar, coordinating and scheduling internal and external meetings, organizing and mailing team gifts and swag, and more.
- Serve as a critical member of the Operations team by supporting record keeping for legal and compliance, ensuring the team is uploading all invoices and expenses to company cards, invoices are properly filed, completing payroll and benefits administration.
- Support People Operations through administering new employee onboarding and supporting recruitment and hiring through posting job descriptions, screening resumes, and coordinating and booking interviews.
- Take on special projects such as helping to maintain the venture funnel, tracking portfolio updates and status of investment in existing portfolio companies, or even delving into areas of market research.
- Be a virtual swiss army knife, solving problems before they arise, unearthing opportunities to add additional value, finding the thing before we realize it’s missing.
- You are proactive and resourceful and solve a problem before we know it exists.
- You thrive in less structured environments and are at your best when juggling multiple stakeholders, deliverables, and projects while delivering astonishing results.
- You are as motivated by solving problems and starting new projects as by maintaining and optimizing existing processes and workflow.
- You genuinely love making people happy and more effective and view yourself as a team member that delivers value through enabling others.
Preferred experience & requirements
- Expert-level administrative capabilities, from coordinating and scheduling meetings to organizing and optimizing G-Drive, Notion, and Slack.
- Track record of strong self-driven learning with the ability to increase proficiency in current skills while acquiring new ones.
- Detail-oriented with top notch organizational and project management skills.
- A demonstrated track record of proactive problem-solving with good judgment and decision-making.
- Proven ability to multitask and effectively manage ambiguity to prioritize work in response to changes.
- Experience serving as a highly resourceful and collaborative team member who can also be independently effective.